January 25, 2011
Catholic Advocate “Live Blog” Tonight During the State of the Union — 8:45 p.m. EST
The Catholic Advocate State of the Union Live Blog is back by popular demand. Join Deal Hudson and Matt Smith along with leading pro-life activists and journalists for a LIVE discussion during President Obama’s State of the Union tonight.
Visit the Live Blog page on the Catholic Advocate website to sign up. When you click on the link, you’ll be taken to the Catholic Advocate website where you’ll be asked to enter your email address. Return to this link tonight at 8:30 p.m. EST, and the blog will go live with introductions starting at 8:45.
We’ll be live blogging all throughout the speech and for a period of time afterward.
Crisis Magazine Comments Policy
This is a Catholic forum. As such:
- All comments must directly address the article. “I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter.” (Matthew 12:36)
- No profanity, ad hominems, hot tempers, or racial or religious invectives. “And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
- We will not tolerate heresy, calumny, or attacks upon our Holy Mother Church or Holy Father. “And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.” (Matthew 16:18)
- Keep it brief. No lengthy rants or block quotes. “For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.” (James 4:14)
- If you see a comment that doesn’t meet our standards, please flag it so a moderator may remove it. “Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness.” (Galatians 6:1)
- All comments may be removed at the moderators’ discretion. “But of that day and hour no one knows…” (Matthew 24:36)
- Crisis isn’t responsible for the content of the comments box. Comments do not represent the views of Crisis magazine, its editors, authors, or publishers. “Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God… So each of us shall give account of himself to God.” (Romans 14:10, 12)