September 2, 2010
Is Catholics in Alliance gone for good?
Jack Smith at the Catholic Key blog is reporting that pro-Obama group Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good appears to be “out of business.” He cites the evidence from their Web site:
They’ve had no blog posts since June 10.
They’ve made no tweets since May 12.
They haven’t posted to their own facebook page since May 12.
Their calendar page is blank.
Their staff bio page is blank.
Their media guy, John Gehring, is now working for Faith in Public Life.
But why rely on circumstantial evidence? I decided to just give them a call. The phone number has been disconnected.
Times are hard for all non-profits. The closing of Catholics in Alliance signifies this fact and nothing else. This pro-abortion, pro-Obama Catholic group is merely merging, for the time being, into Faith in Public Life.
Catholics United, Catholics for Choice, Catholic Democrats, and the American Catholic Council are all alive and well to further the mission of the Catholic left to deliver Catholics into the arms of the secularists and the Democratic Party.
Crisis Magazine Comments Policy
This is a Catholic forum. As such:
- All comments must directly address the article. “I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter.” (Matthew 12:36)
- No profanity, ad hominems, hot tempers, or racial or religious invectives. “And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
- We will not tolerate heresy, calumny, or attacks upon our Holy Mother Church or Holy Father. “And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.” (Matthew 16:18)
- Keep it brief. No lengthy rants or block quotes. “For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.” (James 4:14)
- If you see a comment that doesn’t meet our standards, please flag it so a moderator may remove it. “Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness.” (Galatians 6:1)
- All comments may be removed at the moderators’ discretion. “But of that day and hour no one knows…” (Matthew 24:36)
- Crisis isn’t responsible for the content of the comments box. Comments do not represent the views of Crisis magazine, its editors, authors, or publishers. “Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God… So each of us shall give account of himself to God.” (Romans 14:10, 12)