September 21, 2010
Celebrating Something That Finally Works
How many times have you washed your hands in a rest room at a gas station, a movie theater, or a retail store only to find there are no paper towels, only a metallic box hanging on the wall blowing lukewarm air.
Out of frustration, you grab some TP only to find it so razor thin it merely sticks to your wet hands, thus creating a bigger problem than you started with.
Sound the trumpets! This past weekend, for the first time in my long life, I encountered a hand dryer that worked!
For those of you who own public bathrooms, here is a product I strongly recommend:
I think we should celebrate things that actually do the job they were designed to do, and claim they can do — the Xlerator Dryer is one of those things, and distinguished by the fact that its predecessors were occasions of great annoyance, i.e., wet hands stuffed in your pockets or wiped on your trousers.
Crisis Magazine Comments Policy
This is a Catholic forum. As such:
- All comments must directly address the article. “I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter.” (Matthew 12:36)
- No profanity, ad hominems, hot tempers, or racial or religious invectives. “And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
- We will not tolerate heresy, calumny, or attacks upon our Holy Mother Church or Holy Father. “And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.” (Matthew 16:18)
- Keep it brief. No lengthy rants or block quotes. “For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.” (James 4:14)
- If you see a comment that doesn’t meet our standards, please flag it so a moderator may remove it. “Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness.” (Galatians 6:1)
- All comments may be removed at the moderators’ discretion. “But of that day and hour no one knows…” (Matthew 24:36)
- Crisis isn’t responsible for the content of the comments box. Comments do not represent the views of Crisis magazine, its editors, authors, or publishers. “Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God… So each of us shall give account of himself to God.” (Romans 14:10, 12)