September 1, 2010
A Catholic Speaks at the Glenn Beck Rally
At Catholic Advocate, I have posted the speech given by Dr. Patrick Lee, a professor at Franciscan University, at the America’s Divine Destiny event last Friday night at the Kennedy Center.
Sponsored by Glenn Beck, the Kennedy Center event featured a Jewish, Evangelical, Protestant, and Catholic speaker. The Catholic was Dr. Lee, a renown pro-life speaker and expert in bioethics.
I’ve watched a portion of Lee’s speech on video and it was, to say the least, very well received. His witness to the plight of the unborn was articulate and moving. (If anyone can where that clip is posted please copy it into the comments — I’ve misplaced it, sorry.)
We must not place choice and autonomy above God-given unalienable rights. The culture that emphasizes autonomy to the exclusion of truth is a denial of the most basic principle upon which our country is founded, namely, all human beings possess an equal and inherent fundamental dignity, and no class of human beings can with justice enslave, use, experiment on, or deliberately kill, other innocent human beings for their own purposes.
You should take a look at the entire speech — Dr. Lee is a fabulous speaker and the way he presented the natural law position was seamless.
Crisis Magazine Comments Policy
This is a Catholic forum. As such:
- All comments must directly address the article. “I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter.” (Matthew 12:36)
- No profanity, ad hominems, hot tempers, or racial or religious invectives. “And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
- We will not tolerate heresy, calumny, or attacks upon our Holy Mother Church or Holy Father. “And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.” (Matthew 16:18)
- Keep it brief. No lengthy rants or block quotes. “For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.” (James 4:14)
- If you see a comment that doesn’t meet our standards, please flag it so a moderator may remove it. “Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness.” (Galatians 6:1)
- All comments may be removed at the moderators’ discretion. “But of that day and hour no one knows…” (Matthew 24:36)
- Crisis isn’t responsible for the content of the comments box. Comments do not represent the views of Crisis magazine, its editors, authors, or publishers. “Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God… So each of us shall give account of himself to God.” (Romans 14:10, 12)