Time for your Friday morning links:
- Former Archbishop Emmanuel Milingo, who had been excommunicated for illegally ordaining priests and for marrying a Korean woman, has at last been defrocked as well.
- The top five YouTube videos of 2009. Number one might surprise you, in a good way.
- Gorgeous book cover designs. I want to hang each one on my wall — which is appropriate, since they’re all composed in shadowboxes.
- The world’s smallest snowman. It’s…smaller than you think.
- A new entry in the “Christmas wars”: The Advent Conspiracy movement wants to fight the tide of holiday consumerism, not “Happy Holidays”-wishing store clerks. Their argument: “Christians get all bent out of shape over the fact that someone didn’t say ‘Merry Christmas’ when I walked into the store. But why are we expecting the store to tell our story? That’s just ridiculous.”
Check out this year’s pitch (you can see last year’s inaugural video here).