Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, O.F.M. Cap.
Most Reverend Charles J. Chaput, O.F.M. Cap., is the archbishop of Philadelphia. Before his appointment to Philadelphia by Pope Benedict in 2011, he served as bishop of Rapid City, South Dakota and archbishop of Denver. He is the author of two books: Living the Catholic Faith: Rediscovering the Basics (2001) and Render Unto Caesar: Serving the Nation by Living Our Catholic Beliefs in Political Life (2008).
Articles by Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, O.F.M. Cap.
- Wisdom, Christian Witness, and the Year of Faith July 30, 2013
- Christian Witness and America’s Birthday July 5, 2013
- Religious Freedom and the Need to Wake Up May 28, 2013
- Our First Right: Religious Liberty April 11, 2013
- A Man for This Season, and All Seasons January 8, 2013
- What the Reformation has Wrought December 19, 2012
- Public Witness and Catholic Citizenship November 6, 2012
- The Urgency of Rebuilding a Culture of Religious Freedom August 1, 2012
- Let’s End the Death Penalty, Now December 2, 2011
- Once in a Century: Remembering John Paul II May 3, 2011
- A Light to the Nations: The Meaning and Future of the Catholic Church March 22, 2011
- Him Who Is the Last: An Advent Reflection December 22, 2010
- A New Knighthood October 26, 2010
- The First Freedom: Religious Liberty as the Foundation of Human Liberty October 16, 2010
- Life in the Late Republic: The Catholic Role in America After Virtue September 27, 2010
- The Task of the Catholic Medical Professional October 19, 2009
- A Light to the Nations: the Meaning and Future of the Catholic Church January 1, 2006
- Once in a Century: Remembering John Paul II May 1, 2005
- The King’s Good Servant: Some Thoughts at a Crossroad November 1, 2004
- Deus ex Machina: How to Think About Technology October 1, 1998
- Eugenics to Euthanasia October 1, 1997