Time for a few Friday morning links:
- Yesterday the pope released Verbum Domini, an apostolic exhortation on Sacred Scripture. It’s a door-stop of a text — the 208-page PDF can be read here, or you can read excerpts via Zenit here.
- A Christian woman has been sentenced to death in Pakistan for “blasphemy.”
- Next week the American bishops will gather in Baltimore for their semi-annual meeting; one of the items on their agenda will be electing the new USCCB president. Tim Drake at the National Catholic Register says the bishops should break with tradition and bypass Bishop Gerald Kicanas — currently the vice president — over his handling of the sex-abuse scandal, but others disagree. Today, Bishop Kicanas responds.
- My only regret about not having a daily commute to work? No dedicated time each day for listening to more podcasts. Here, a collection of the top ten pop culture podcasts. These are all going in my queue.
- A beautiful photo tour of the Hendrick’s distillery — my favorite gin — in one of my favorite countries, Scotland.
- A fun time-lapse video for book lovers. (Or maybe seeing all those books cut up will make you cry, I don’t know.)